Monday, September 3, 2012

McQueen: Fall 2012 Ready To Wear

Since we are already on the "-ber" months and the cold winds of Christmas is just around the corner, I decided to give my insights on the McQueen Fall 2012 RTW Collection.


I know some of you may have already seen this collection but I just wanna share my 2 cents about what Sarah Burton did for the Alexander McQueen brand.

Don't know Sarah Burton? Check her picture after the jump!

Sarah Burton,
Creative Director of Alexander Mcqueen
Photo ftom: Time.com
From Style.com:

Burton described the collection as shapes and patterns that would organically "explode" as the show reeled on. So the first short, shaped skirts are the "pods," then they began to open out, first into cherry blossoms , next into "doilies", and finally fur pompoms. Then the pods exploded, like puffballs, into extravagantly shaggy shapes in goat fur, ostrich feather, or Mongolian lamb. Their shivering undulation evokes another organic association like anemones swaying in the tide.

Here are some looks that I selected from the collection.
















I don't know about you, but after I've seen the clothes, I completely get what Sarah Burton meant when she used the word explosion to describe the collection as it progressed. I imagine a sea anemone's transformation from small pods as it slowly blooms and then it retracts and then it blossoms into it's full  blown appearance.

Sea Anemone
Photo from: Google Images
I am a big fan of fur and feathers so when I came across this collection, I became very happy to see various silhouettes. Some fashion critics may be a bit disappointed because I notice that some of the looks tends to be repetitive. I guess that's when personal taste comes to mind.

Anyways, the ones that I love the most are the Purple Tiered Dress, the Red Ball Gown, and of course the finale... The Black Mermaid Dress with Tiered Sleeves.




Collection Photos from: Style.com
Since I can't afford these functional pieces of art, I guess for now I'll just have to settle with my sleeveless fur coat from Mango as I roam the streets of Bonifacio Global City. ^_^

Photo by: Biey Arpilleda
Oh! Before I forget this article marks my first fashion review. I hope to do one for the upcoming Philippine Fashion Week this October. I am still hoping to score some invites.

Please don't forget to click here to follow me on Twitter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment